Thursday, August 4, 2005

Livid at AOL

Someone really has to address the design flaws with this system.

I spent 45 minutes editing a post to be greeted by "AOL Journals is unavailible" and not so much as a screen I could copy and paste from so I could save my work. Hit back and all the editing is gone. I was trying to edit my Meet Mister Mom post.. I guess I'll go back to that now.. but this time copy it before I submit.

This kind of shoddy work is just the thing to make people not use AOL Journals.

[EDIT: I was able to go back and re-edit.. tho I think the last version that I lost was better.]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Same thing happened to me on Blogger.com

They finally worked on it (obviously not an AOL company), and created a way of retrieving the lost info.  
I started creating posts in either notepad or Word, and then cut/paste them.  That way, instant backup if internet conection (or some other fault) occurs.

Shannon

ww.darthdaddy.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Well, from some testing it seems the problem is time.  If I take more than some magic amount of time working on an entry- it gives me the "unavailible" error. So there must be some kind of time limit we have to write/edit an entry before the cookie/id expires.

I guess they need to extend it!